Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 6 of 100 days of ME - Alone

Day 6. Alone.

This evening my daughter and I said goodbye to our friends who had come camping with us a couple days. We cooked dinner over the open fire, rode our bikes, played catch with the baseball gloves, made popcorn, smores and sang some tunes while I played guitar.  I loved it and love spending time with my youngest girl.

What is kind of funny, perhaps some would call crazy, is that even with that full evening I still found a moment to note: guy three doors down is camping with his sons, no woman. I entitled him "cute dad"  so when Hannah and I biked by, we would joke about it.

So there is nothing wrong with being without a partner, but it is always noticeable. They must now see that I too, am "alone".  I don't have any concern for this, but what I do need to understand is,  what is it about us humans, that make us want to align with another? It's not about child rearing anymore (done that), so why the impulse? Why the need?

I nearly approached "cute Dad" to invite him and the boys for smores, but thought better of it since I am supposed to be alone for 100 days to prove I can.

Well I obviously can, but I can equally admit there is a strong sense to have someone with me.  I would like to figure out where that is coming from....

Stuff to ponder on day 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment