Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 23 - Speechless in an alien world

I'm so beside myself right now I can hardly write. Though,  I promised a blog every night, so blog I must.

I am a complete alien on this planet.

I don't relate to those people who use their children to hurt their ex. .

I don't care about winning if it means my children would suffer.

I don't think money has any importance over peace of mind.

I think children should be encouraged to have a chance to be without talking to a parent every day. Give them a chance to be independent. Let them learn survival and strength of patience. Let them learn that missing someone doesn't stop the world.

Most especially, I believe true love means freedom. Freedom to be yourself, freedom to enjoy independence, freedom to love others.

Our hearts are big enough for many.

Why would we humans burden ourselves with possession, jealousy, envy, and fear?

This goes for sharing our children with each other, and with extended family.  But equally applies to relationships.

I will never conform to these rigid, painful, and unnecessary rules.

I may always be on the outside, but I will sleep well knowing that I have raised independent, free thinking, loving children and that the people who love me will never be smothered with those negative traits listed above.

We will be together not because of guilt, shame or fear but because we are free to choose each other's company.

That is the kind of love I want.

For my children, as well as the men in my life.

Are the people in your life free to be happy without you? Are they free to love others? Are they free to be themselves?

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw " - Nelson Mandela 

" Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life." - Bob Marley 


No comments:

Post a Comment