Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 4 - just do it.

Day 4 of 100 days of me :-)

The most remarkable lesson I've learned in the past year, is how easy it is to achieve anything you want.

I often joke that you must watch what you wish for, as you will likely get it. :-)

In the case of fitness, I continue to push the limits of my body, only to find that limit didn't exist.

If our minds are the same, and I do believe they are... It means there is nothing we can't accomplish once the mind has the will.

The only time this doesn't work is when you do not have control. As in the case of loving someone, you cannot determine or control the reciprocation of that love. Setting your mind is irrelevant and a waste of energy.

Better to focus your energies on those things you do have control over. Our bodies, our minds, and our own actions.

Peace of mind comes when you allow yourself to be yourself, to love someone without any regard to the outcome. If we cannot guarantee the reaction, best not worry over it whatsoever.

I would much prefer to give it all, in fitness and in love, and push the limits of both, than to never know how awesome it is when you achieve that next level.

I have a 6 hour race coming on Sept 7, and today I had little problem, alone, pushing myself for 5 hours.

I wouldn't have believed this was possible a year ago.

To determine new possibilities, we cannot allow any doubt to stop or slow our progression, as it is remarkable how much we can achieve, just by doing it.

So get out there. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment