Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 18 of 100 days of Me - Lucky.

This posting came up on facebook a few days ago and I really like it.  In my past I've been very afraid of losing people, whom have not treated me well, or treated me just fine, but weren't really there for me in the way I needed.  If we are in a relationship where our partner is not showing us, that they feel lucky to have us, why would we be so afraid of losing them?



Further to this, only we can make us FEEL any particular way, only we have control over how we feel... remember from previous posts I've said no one makes us feel sad, we allow ourselves to be sad. Here too, the person doesn't MAKE us feel lucky, we ALLOW ourselves to be lucky based on a preconception of what being lucky is.

So it begs the question, what would make you feel lucky?

If we don't know, what would make us feel lucky, then how do we know we've found the right person?  I think it's important to take the time to think out what in fact, would make you feel lucky.

I have a few that I thought of this morning, while folding the laundry:

I would be lucky to be with someone who is outwardly generous to everyone in their lives.  Even though it takes work, time and effort. Someone who takes the time to be there for their friends, you know him, he is the guy who always comes over to help you fix up a problem at the house and tells you no, no, I don't want any money for this; the guy who volunteers his car when yours is broke, the guy who pulls over to make sure the girl with the flat tire on the side of the road is looked after.

I would feel lucky to be with a man who isn't shy take the initiative, and to say how they feel.  I have always appreciated knowing the truth, even when it hurts.  This is a tough one, I understand as many men will remain silent, and not be comfortable sharing what they think - but I'm particularly talking about the simple thoughts like how much they'd love for me to do something for them, cook something they love, participate in some event - we all love to please each other, but if we cannot share what we are thinking, how does the partner know what you really want?

I would know I was lucky to have a man who had passion in their lives. He has such a great love for something that it makes him smile about it all the time and he spends so much of his life exploring and delving into this love. This could be a love of cars where he is always trying to find and fix up the best one; this could be a love of music where he is passionate about recording that perfect album, or putting together a great group of players; it could be about sports, nothing makes me happier than to see my friends who love football and hockey, and they get their friends all together for the games, and talk about the players and the stats; or even closer to my heart, they love their fitness goals and are so incredibly passionate about achieving them.  I'd look at that man (I already know so many of them) and think how awesome they are, to give so much of their heart into their love. I'd expect they'd have that kind of passion for the partner in their life too.

TAKE THE TIME TO KNOW YOURSELF

If you take the time to write out what would make you feel lucky, then you can look up and see if you have it.  If you do, then you've got something to be working very hard to keep.  It would be very interesting to see what our partner feels lucky about - did we know ?

If you don't, it doesn't mean you have to leave! It means if the other person is moving on, to not have fear in your heart about it - it is time to find your lucky one!

Final thought, I think we need to be able to say, "I am so lucky to have this person in my life, who has these qualities I admire, so much so, that I am willing to work hard to be the person that they would feel lucky to have in their life...."

Wouldn't that make an awesome relationship?

All my love xo

No comments:

Post a Comment