Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 5 of 100 days of ME - I knew you were trouble

Day 5 began with a 23 kilometer run through the highways leading to sandbanks.   During this excursion I was listening to my running Playlist when Taylor Swift came on singing about how she knew her ex was trouble the first time she saw him.

I think each of us know, within days or weeks of meeting someone that there may be issues,  but something in us refuses to listen.

They are especially needy and we don't pay attention ; they tell us they aren't good at commitment and we make excuses that they didn't mean it; they don't come around for days and we think that'll change once they know you better; they freak out about something unreasonable and we tell ourselves it must have been a bad day.

Malcolm Gladwell writes in his book. "blink" that most of us, most of the time, will know the right decision in the first instinct. The first thought.

We then over think it, make excuses, and want a fantasy over the reality of what we have. Years later we can't bear it anymore.

This time I am ready to listen to my first instinct. Are you brave enough to listen to yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment