Sunday, August 31, 2014

Day 25 of 100 - Stay the course

I will be up late tonight, as this page is for yesterday, and then I owe you one more for tonight. :)

Falling behind...

It is easy to fall behind when you are travelling, visiting family and friends, staying out to ungodly hours, and going again.  Not having access to my computer also makes it difficult, as typing into my phone with my thumbs is always a challenge - not impossible, but a challenge.

So I won't give up, I won't quit, I just need to pick up the pace somewhat, and get back on track.

One quarter of the way through.  In a marathon race, or a triathlon, I usually feel really great at this point - tons of energy left, feel like I can do anything, nothing wearing you down just yet.  Guess in real life, I'm feeling the same way.  Pretty steady, completely happy, and ready to take on the rest of this course.



I've got only 5 days before I leave for Muskoka, and I have so much to plan, pack up, prepare.  This race is quite the test of endurance and mental fitness.  I will swim 2 kilometers, bike 95, and run 21.   I know that I won't actually start to feel any real pain until the 50 kilometer mark on the bike ride.  That is what I'd call the halfway point of the race... although in the total kilometers it is only really one third through.  In our minds it is at this point that we either make it, or we don't.   If we can convince ourselves to get through this point, then the rest is figuratively downhill (being in Muskoka, in truth it will be all uphill ;))

At the 50 kilometer mark, I'll be tired.  My legs will be burning. My butt will be tired of sitting on the seat, and I'll feel like the future is overwhelming.  It is at this point, I'll need to take a gel or choc power bar, and remind myself that it is all okay, that I have done it before and will get through again.  There is all kinds of self talk that takes place to get in a mode of mind over matter.

The halfway point for this journey is not yet here.  I'm not yet feeling the pains of my decisions, nor am I feeling the future is overwhelming.  I think by the 40 day mark, I'll be feeling it.  It will be at that point, I'll have to pull out some good stories and mind over matter material to keep me going.  For today, I'll begin to gather those motivational bits of wisdom and advice and have them handy for when the inevitable painful time, will come....




"The key to long-term success is staying focused and continuing to taking action despite any set-backs."

Favourite quotes from online sources, that will help to inspire you to stay the course:

“You are the only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life.” ~ Les Brown

“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom.” ~ Jim Rohn

“Failure plus failure plus failure equals success. You only fail when you quit.” ~ Jack Hyles

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” ~ Vince Lombardi

”You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.” ~ Les Brown

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” ~ Author Unknown

“If you greatly desire something, have the guts to stake everything on obtaining it.” ~ Brendan Francis

“If you want to have more, you first have to become more.” ~ Jim Rohn

“Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.” ~ Jim Rohn

“You will become as great as your dominant aspiration.” ~ James Allan

“The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you, will always be far greater value than what you get.” ~ Jim Rohn

“It is the set of sails, not the direction of the winds, that determines which way we will go.” ~ Napoleon Hill

”Positive thoughts bring positive energy, and positive energy brings positive results.” ~ Jordan Hemmann

“Decide what you want to become, set your goals and get started!” ~ Mavis Nong

No comments:

Post a Comment