Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 52 of 100 days of me - TIME to LIVE.

On day 2, I posted the expression, "If you are depressed, you are living in the past; If you anxious, you are living in the future; if you are at peace, you are living in the present"

I am not depressed but I do sometimes feel sad for things that have passed. Days that were so enjoyable I miss them terribly and just want that back here with me, right now...

I am not anxious but I do sometimes worry about what the future may bring... what is going to happen? Will everything I hope for, come true... etc.. etc...

I have not yet learned to be completely at peace, and live entirely in the present.

HOW though???...

Yes, I am still finishing the book, the Power of Now.. and I haven't quite gotten to all the "how to" parts yet... I will get there, I promise.  In the meantime, this is what I DO KNOW:



The way we live in the present, and forget both past and future is to actually LIVE IN THE PRESENT.

What are you choosing to do right now?
What are you thinking about right now?
What people are you allowing to influence you, right now?

In order to be present, you must focus your mind on RIGHT NOW.

Stop thinking about yesterday, good or bad, it is gone now.
Stop thinking about tomorrow, unless you need to book an appointment or plan an event, it isn't here, Stop thinking about it.

Sit down, make a list of everything you would LOVE to do, if money and time were no option.
Then pick one and ask yourself, even if I don't have money, or time, what CAN I do, right now.

There is always chores, house cleaning, sorting, organizing... but difficult sometimes to motivate yourself to do those... so instead, what about the FUN stuff... those things you love.

For me....
Right now, I can write my blog.
Right now, I can finish my novel that I started, yes, in 2008....
Right now, I can play my guitar
Right now, I can record a new original song
Right now, I can call a friend I haven't spoken to in forever
Right now, I can play my favourite songs, sort through my old things and give away to Salvation Army the things I don't use any more
Right now, I can pick up that book I didn't finish, and finish it (I have many options of books to read!)
Right now, I can pour myself a glass of wine, and go sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous evening, not thinking about the past or the future, but loving this very moment of life.

What I will not do, right now, is feel sad for what is no longer here... and definitely not worry about what tomorrow has in store for me...

It's time to go LIVE ;)

xo









No comments:

Post a Comment