Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 37 it is now or never

In 2012 I lost two people whom I loved very much.  The first was a longtime girlfriend whom I considered like family to me. I had procrastinated for years chasing her down to see how she was.  One day her son got in touch to tell me she had passed away. I never told her how much she had meant to me. I never got in touch, and then she was gone. Yes, she is with me in my heart and she continues to inspire and look after me, but I won't make that mistake twice. If I love you, I'm telling you now.  If I think the world of you, I'm telling you today. I am going to travel far to see you. I'm going to put myself out there to spend time with you. Yes, it may make you uncomfortable, and often because of life you may have to tell me no, but Tomorrow is not guaranteed. 

Just after the heartache of losing her, I lost a great friend and neighbor.  I'd only known him a couple years but what a great soul he was. So privileged to have had the chance to meet him and have his friendship.  The outspoken love and passion he had for his wife, his children, his friends and me, was treasured. He was so generous and caring, giving back to all of us. He was one of the great ones. A good friend. A great guy. He was taken from us by a heart attack just months after his 50th birthday. It kills me to see another friend of mine smoke and drink in a similar way... I don't want to lose them too.  I won't wait to tell them I love them, and I'll be outspoken about nutrition and health. That is all we have... 

It's now or never


Part of this expression is to say yes to opportunities that present themselves because they may never show themselves again. 

I won't behave in a foolhardy way, but I also will not play it safe. To me life is too short to not be bold, to not be honest, to not wear our hearts on our sleeves, to not live on the edge. 

Neither my girlfriend nor my guyfriend are here to experience love and life anymore... Why would I forsake their sacrifice by not living fully for them, because of them, inspired by them... 

I'd tomorrow never comes....  

Did we do everything we hoped to? 
Did we live fully, completely? 
Did we follow our dreams? 
Did we help others when they needed us? 
Did we tell them how much they meant to us? 
Did we speak our minds? 
Did we do our best? 

I won't be able to do it all, and I won't be able to tell you every day, but I'm sure going to try. 


       Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment