Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 39 - the dance

I watched her as she moved, gracefully, beautifully, captivating anyone who saw her. She flowed onto the room, the most brilliant smile, laughing for the sake of it, hugging everyone she knew. Their faces lit up immediately upon seeing her, the night not quite complete without her presence. She began to dance, needing no partner, no permission, allowing the music to wisp her away, acting out the words to each song, an artist at expression, an actress in her own sketch.  Men and women alike mesmerized, watching her. Some would take their place beside her, mimicking her moves, smiling along with her, allowing themselves this moment of freedom, of shameless expression, of enriching their souls through the musical journey.

I want to be able to dance like this. Maybe I'm too shy, maybe too guarded, or perhaps I simply have not allowed myself to be so free.

I think we could all use a taste of this freedom, to dance like no one is watching, to sing in full voice without a care, and to be so full of life that everyone around you brightens up from your energy.

To think I could learn such life lessons from watching my own child, living life to the fullest, warming the hearts of many, but mostly not allowing fear of what other people may think stop you from being wild and free.

This is truly living.



No comments:

Post a Comment