Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 41 time

"How did it get so late so soon?" - Dr. Seuss 

I swear it was just the beginning of August. That month picked up and flew away faster than a F 18.... Time sure flies. We must be having fun.




Now it's nearly the end of September, and my brain is still in August.

41 days is only 9 days short of halfway. Don't worry about me, I do this in my races as well. Every few kilometers my race is broken into manageable fractions, and I tell myself how close I am to being done.

Maybe that's the wrong attitude. Maybe I'm rushing the best parts of my life by counting down.

I brought the book, "the power of now" , with me as I work in Calgary this week. I am trying to absorb the notion and language of living right now, but I still struggle.

I yearn for more when I should be happy with this moment.

I look to future fun times when I should love this precise time, right now.

Our lives should not be rushed. Appreciate this time right now, in front of us. For me, right now, I get to write, I get to appreciate my bed in the hotel room, I get to appreciate being warm, dry, fed, and content.

What do you appreciate right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment