Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 31 - easy

Day 31 of 100.

Overcast day in Huntsville, but it is warm and the air has an excitement about it that makes the heart beat faster... Oh, maybe that is just me.

I've been shaking for days. My hands have slight tremors and I have not had caffeine since yesterday.  It is the adrenaline. I am completely conscious of what I need to do tomorrow and it is quite all consuming.

Boys and Girls, if you need something to take your mind off your problems, get into endurance sports! They take much time to train for, and give you a personal rush that can only be experienced, not explained. Then the race, the adventure, the event takes over all thought.

Men? What men? I'm going through checklists in my head.  Shoes, socks, gels, water, electrolytes, hat, garmin watch, race belt - crap, I forgot my race belt, have to remember to buy one in the athlete village....

Need sunscreen as well.

Adding to my madness is the fact that my quads are still not healed from my sprints on Thursday, so I'm off to shoppers drug Mart for extra strength myoflex analgesic to rub them down. Need to be healed by morning.

Being single is super easy this weekend :)

Talk to you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment