Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 32 look at those wheels!



Bout to head to dinner, then bed so you'll get a short blog tonight.  Race in the morning. Mostly ready, starting to get into the serious, sober phase.

First a fun story from this afternoon :

Me: (sees cyclist go by on a very expensive bike) wow! Did you see those wheels?

Friend: went by too fast

Me: she really had nice wheels.

Friend: pretty sure that was a guy.

Me: (cyclist is now coming back towards us, and I confirm it is a guy) Haha! I didn't even look at him! Too busy staring at the wheels.

Life at a triathlon, we get pretty excited about wheels.

I have everything ready for morning. Just need to go through the checklist one more time.

There are so many reasons I'm doing this.

1. I am so proud to be here. It gives me a huge sense of purpose and pride.

2. I hope you'll be proud. I feel worthy of so much when I've worked hard to complete a goal.

3. I want my time here to be healthy and fit,  able to be there for others.

4. I want my children to know they can do anything they set their minds to.

5. I love the spirit of competition and the beauty in man against nature.

6. I love technology.... . Wow! Look at those wheels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment