Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 35 - the crash



A couple years ago, I crashed my bike on Carling Ave. I hit a pot hole while holding a bottle of water in my right hand, and squeezing the left (front) break, I threw myself over the handle bars into traffic.

The most important thing you can do after a crash, is to check your wounds, and once you know you are ok, it is time to get back up and keep moving forward.

Additionally, it is important to learn from the crash what may have caused it, to prevent a similar occurrence.

I've since bought an under the seat hydration system and I do not use bottles.  I additionally,  stay away from Carling.

If I've learned nothing else about a crash in life, I've learned to hold your chin up, stay strong, learn your lessons, and carry on.

Crashing in love is very similar in my mind. We fall sometimes, in places where we shouldn't have been, without appropriate tools, and we just need to be smart enough, and brave enough, with elegance, and grace, to move on.


Dear John,

This is a sad letter for me to write. I will begin though, on a sweeter note. I want you to know how much I adore you. I think the world of you. I love how you treat the people in your life. You are generous, kind, caring, fun, loving, concerned, and ever there for those you love. I take great pride in being one of your chosen friends, and confidant.  I love the way you look, I find you not only gorgeous but incredibly sexy. I could never tire of looking at you, and finding you beautiful. I am so grateful for your friendship and hope we will forever remain friends. I have especially loved how you have treated me, the way you make me feel, the way you speak to me. I am royalty in your eyes, and I have loved every moment of it.  It is with great regret, and deep sadness that I have to stop thinking about you, as you will never be mine. As much as I don't want to be without you, I am not truly with you, and I know I never will be the one for you. It takes a great amount of courage for a girl, for me, to be wise enough to know these things, to be loving enough to let you be free, to be strong enough to be honest.  I want one man in my life that I can count on daily, that I can wrap my legs around at night and know they are there for me. You have been there for me, when I write you, but you know I need more, I have to be honest to admit that I want more.  I unfortunately will not find him when I am daydreaming about you.

You may not even be aware that I have considered you more than a friend and found myself falling far deeper than I wanted. That is okay, you are a man, and men do not always recognise these things.

So, my dear John, this is goodbye.  If nothing else, I have learned through you,  precisely what I want in my life. The kind of man that will be best for me (of course after my 100 days of me) and one I will feel incredibly lucky to have in my life.

I have been very lucky just to have you as a friend.

Goodbye to those fruitless daydreams, I will miss them.

Love
A girl who crashed

"... nevermind I'll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you two, don't forget me.... " Adele.





No comments:

Post a Comment