Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 28 of 100 - The first 5 Tools

Today my baseball game was cancelled.  It is raining and threatening thunder and lightning.  So where I had a night that would be full and busy, I am now open to do as I wish.  Still exhausted from the workouts (running hard last night, and biking hard and fast this morning), the travel to and fro Sault Ste. Marie, and the lack of good quality sleep over the past few nights is contributing to a fatigue I'd like to see disappear.  As I contemplate going for a drink, either a glass of wine here while writing and reading; or go for a beer with someone who would indulge me, I decided it was a good time as any to write my blog - why wait for 9pm if I have the time to get something down now.

The dilemma for me now is what to write about.  I've already expressed what I need, want, have and the purpose of it all, I've given out all kinds of information on how I think and feel about situations.  I am only at day 28, and I'm worried you'll grow bored with random thoughts, and I'll grow tired of writing about irrelevance.



So it is in these moments, one needs to sit and reflect on why we got here in the first place and what are we doing to make changes in our lives.

This is good.  I am here, writing to you, as you are helping me remain accountable to myself.  I promised myself to remain steady, calm and cool as a fabulously single woman, for 100 days.  I'm doing pretty darn good, all in all.

What is most interesting is how I am staying happy with who I am, what I have, and still having loads of fun.  I've allowed myself the freedom to enjoy the people in my life who are my friends and acquaintances, without complicating the situation by worrying about the future nor judging the past.  Will I be able to continue this after the 100 days are completed?  Yes, of course because I'm taking the time to acquire some important tools along the way.

tool #1 - The Power of Now - I am still reading this book, and have truly benefited from many of the concepts that he speaks about.  Pick up a copy, keep it close, reread to remind yourself that we only have the moment we are in RIGHT NOW.  Nothing else is in our control.

tool #2 - Stop Searching - Accept who you are and where you are, enjoy your moments with who you are with and stop searching for that "implicit assumption that the highest good lies in the future".  Fulfillment is not just around the corner or "confined to short-lived pleasures such as sex, food, drink, drugs or thrills and excitement.". Fulfillment is accepting yourself right now, and realizing there are no problems to search for a solution.

tool #3 - Know The Secret - what you believe, what you say, what you think - become your reality. Choose your thoughts well, and repeat them, often.

tool #4 - Only share your dreams with those you trust - guard them like the most valuable things you possess.

tool #5 - Don't be afraid - to be vulnerable, to be honest, to be yourself - because we are perfect just as we are, and if we be ourselves, we will then attract those to us, who fit and suit us, perfectly...





No comments:

Post a Comment