Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 38 of 100 love in the fullest way

Children are adorable. I have kissed the cheeks of my babies a million times. As they got  older of course they'd push me away. I was gross and annoying. I loved those little round pink cheeks so much I could burst. Then I'd turn my cheek towards them and blow up my face with air to encourage them to kiss me back. They'd kiss my cheek with a ferocity to force the air out of my lips. I would laugh at how happy it made them, knowing inside that no one was happier than me. 

Next, I'd stare into their eyes with great seriousness and tell them how much I loved them,  in fact, more than the vastness of the ocean.  They'd look back at me, full competition in their eyes, and tell me they loved me more than that, more than all the stars in the sky... This could go on a while.... 

There was nothing I'd not give up for their safety and security. Money and time meant nothing. I was a mother bear in the protection of their welfare. There was no job I wouldn't take on to ensure they had what they needed. 

Even my pride carried no weight against my fierce love for them.  I suffered immensely at the words, hands, and threats of my older children's father, and regret not a drop of it. I would swallow that horrid medicine again, and again if it meant we come out stronger, happier and alive. 

Look at them now. 
Look at how gorgeous, smart, strong, talented, respectful, giving, and loving they are. 

I'm so proud in love. 

Love is what makes it all worthwhile. 
You may not have children, but love has no scope, no boundaries, no limits. You may love fiercely your friends, your partner, your pets, your hobbies.... 

Whatever or whomever you love, I hope you will not be afraid to love fully and deeply. Let it all go. Hold nothing back. 

It's the difference between seeing the sun in a photograph, and feeling the heat of the sun full out on your body and needing to close your eyes from the brightness that brings tears of pure joy. 

That's what love feels like to me. 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment