Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 81, 19 days remaining - Silence

This week has been especially tough.  Maybe it is because of the terrible events that took place.  Maybe it's because the sun no longer comes out as long, our days have shortened, and the permeating darkness and grey skies are creating a mood that none of us can get out from under.  Maybe it's because this week has had events for you that causes you to question who you are, what is important to you, and where your life is heading.  Maybe it's because the fall brings about extra work, we do need to hibernate soon, all of our homes and back yards need to be packed up, protected, put away, winterized, harvested, filed, managed and it is so, so much to do all of it. Maybe.

So I've been affected too, just as you are, and the blog writing has suffered as I am quite speechless. For the things I think about, I'm not ready to even hear myself say them aloud.  I  have little to say about my fitness as I haven't worked out as I normally did.  This is a bit of a downtime for me.  I haven't attend the swimming, cycling, nor running workouts I was so faithful towards this summer.  I did work out twice only this week, a weight lifting session on Monday and a spin class on Tuesday morning.  That is it.  I carried my back pack every day with a change of clothes to work out and never did put them on.  One of those weeks.  

So I'm allowing myself this down time, this silence in my life and in my blog.  A restless girl is one who isn't keeping herself busy.  I will not allow myself this folly.  I have plenty of things to look after to keep me very, very busy.  Less thought and more action to get the things done that need doing.   Responsibility keeps one out of any trouble.  Allow yourself the time to be silent.  It is okay.  It may even be necessary.


So begins the time for the human hibernation, a time for rest, recuperation.
Epsom salt baths.
Great coffee.
Good Beers.
Great wine.
Wonderful dinners.
Food that warms the soul.
Time with friends.
Peaceful sleep.
BREATHE... slowly, deeply

This is not a sadness, nor boredom, nor a time without love - I have wonderful days, and am having plenty of fun.  I completely and fully appreciate this time, and most of all appreciate being ALIVE.  

This silence shall pass, and I'll have more to say, there isn't much doubt :)
...but today, with just over two weeks left in my journey to 100 days,
perhaps you'll forgive me this time of silence, as I remain speechless....




No comments:

Post a Comment