Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 73 - Get ready

I should be in bed sleeping... I will shortly. One quick moment to enter a blog for tonight.  It is Friday night and my big plan is to get a great nights sleep, as I am up at 5am to eat my big breakfast.  I usually make eggs and gluten free toast, with veggies on the side.  By 6am I will have finished, a good three hours before the race.  I'll have another smoothy and lots of water before 8am when I'll start to taper off the drink so that I can have a final pee just before 9am and be ready to race at 9:15am.

The race tomorrow is important for me.  It is 9 Run Run, The Emergency Services race taking place in Stittsville to raise money and awareness for D.I.F.D - mental health for youth.  This is a charity very near and dear to my heart as I know too many who have suffered, and know we need something in place to support kids in need.  I too was one of those 13 year old kids, who started to believe that there was only one way out of my hell.  Some people suffer due to their consequences, others simply suffer due to chemical imbalances that warp perception, and sometimes, it's a wicked combination of both.  There are many to thank for getting me through, but I didn't have a support network easy to access, nor do many kids today.  I am so incredibly grateful to still be here, knowing what I know, and able to share it with my own children, and anyone else interested enough to listen.  So let's support this great cause and find a way to get these kids the help they need and the tools they need to get back to seeing the positive in life.

http://www.9runrun.ca/index.php

The other very important reason to run this race tomorrow is to attempt to qualify for the New York Marathon.  I need to come in under 1 hour and 42 minutes.  This is fast.  This is fast for ME!  But, I'm going to attempt it.  The goal is to stay under 4 min 50 seconds per km and at the last two km sprint like a mad woman to the end....   21 kilometers of hell.. but as you may have noted from above, I'm no stranger to hell, and I know I have already survived it ;)

So bring on the fire, bring on the pain, and bring on the suffering.  Tomorrow morning by 11am I'll be able to post my results, good or bad - it's all for a great cause and it makes you a better person for trying.

Keep up the good fight.
It's worth it.
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment