Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 58 of 100 days of me - What you Believe



"If you believe in yourself, and you believe that you are worthy - whatever you focus on with all of your mind and pursue with all your heart, you will achieve." - Unknown author


In an earlier blog, I wrote about Julia Cameron's The Artists Way and how I have been journaling now for so many years, I've had the opportunity to look back on those things I have wished for, believed in, and wanted - and witnessed every one of those things come true.  I have the family I had always wanted, a dream home, a great job, incredible friendships, happiness beyond measure, health that cannot be denied, richness and the freedom to enjoy my life, and a life full of passion.

Janna Krawczyk writes in her blog entitled Writing Your Way to What You Want  "I didn’t know how to get what I wanted. I just kept writing about what I wanted. And as I continued to write, I became clearer and more specific about the life I wanted to create."

I am not the only one who has found that by writing out the life we want to lead, it actually becomes a reality.


I know that not everything I write will be understood, believed, or agreed to by everyone.  I know that my writing can be, at times, misleading, flawed, naive, simplistic and narcissic.  However, despite all that, I do believe, the most important thing, is not that we behave perfectly, creating a written word that is without scrutiny or doubt, but only that we do create, that we do write, that we do find ourselves somewhere in those words, and most of all, that we create the life we wish to be in, through those letters.

“Most of us are not raised to actively encounter our destiny. We may not know that we have one. As children, we are seldom told we have a place in life that is uniquely ours alone. Instead, we are encouraged to believe that our life should somehow fulfill the expectations of others, that we will (or should) find our satisfactions as they have found theirs. Rather than being taugh to ask ourselves who we are, we are schooled to ask others. We are, in effect, trained to listen to others' versions of ourselves. We are brought up in our life as told to us by someone else! When we survey our lives, seeking to fulfill our creativity, we often see we had a dream that went glimmering because we believed, and those around us believed, that the dream was beyond our reach. Many of us would have been, or at least might have been, done, tried something, if...
If we had known who we really were.”
― Julia Cameron

“I have learned, as a rule of thumb, never to ask whether you can do something. Say, instead, that you are doing it. Then fasten your seat belt. The most remarkable things follow.”
― Julia Cameron



No comments:

Post a Comment