Wednesday, October 29, 2014

15 Days Remain - Day 85 of 100 - Life Changing

There are some really amazing people in the world.  Sometimes we only know them from a distance, we read about them, we see them in the news, or we're told about them from a friend.  Other times, we get the opportunity to meet them in person, and if extremely fortunate, they become intertwined in our lives and we gain the benefit of their company and their love.

It's been two years almost to the day, since he left.  I had only known him for a short time but what I remember most about him, was how happy he was.  He was always smiling! He had a true love of life and his family.  He was so giving and generous.  He helped me fix a number of things around the house, would offer to help without blinking in fact, and didn't ask for anything in return - wouldn't accept a thing!  He welcomed my family into his, and treated us as his own.  His humour and character has made such an impact on me, that I will forever be changed.  I want to be as good as he was, and I hope to attract those kinds of spirits into my life.

      

I met another friend just last year, that impacted me much the same way.  He befriended me, supported me, encouraged me and was always there to be a positive influence through some of the most difficult times of my life.  I learned about who I really was and what I really wanted from my life, in those seemingly simple conversations.  They were life changing.  I will always value the advise and support he had given, in a way that I'm sure was not even noticed by him as being giving and generous is just the way he is.  There were things I didn't even realize about myself, that he knew.  Questions he asked me caused me to pause and think much more deeply about my situation that I'd ever reflected before. There were two main things that his words did to me, that will stay with me forever.  The first was to cause me to look deeply into those things that we think do not affect us - because perhaps they do.  The second was that just at the moment I was feeling like an alien in a world uncompromising, he promised me there was someone else in this world that thought just like me.  Little did I know at that time, how true his words were.  How can anyone look back at these life lessons and not feel strongly towards them.  You wonder sometimes what you've done in life that earned this kind of love and generosity.  How did I deserve this, and what can I do to ensure these people know how much I have valued them and want to return to them the positive influence, spirit, and love that they gave to me.



I've only chose and described two people here today, but there are many more women and men who have impacted my life.  I'll give more tributes in future blogs to those other's that have meant so much to me.  I'm sure you can think of those people whose spirit or words have made a tremendous difference in your own lives.  Sometimes when these people come into our lives, it leaves us changed forever.

I am very grateful to have had you in my life.  I will never be able to show you, pay you back, or describe with words - just how much I needed you. Thank you.



Some of the best ways to show people you love them is to give them a song.

This one is for you:

"You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you"

Celine Dion - Because you Loved Me.






No comments:

Post a Comment