Saturday, January 29, 2022

A Marathon Journey to save my life - How to exercise at home

The sky is beautiful this morning in Ottawa!  The Sun is rising and the snow is white and quite beautiful... but with -30 degree temperatures with the wind chill happening outside, I will not be venturing out for a run.  I even brought the dogs in to get a break! 

Many do go out for walks and runs in this weather... it is not impossible! They dress warm, have lovely balaclavas and scarves, good clothing and keep moving... This is a great article for dressing up for a winter run.

I will not be with them today.

So how do I workout? How will I exercise in these circumstances.  

There are many options, but my favourite only takes a small space in your home i.e. 4" x 6" space.  A space you can do an all over total body strength workout, and lay down a mat for some good stretches.

Although, I did invest in a MIRROR that acts as a gym for me.  I get to see other people, choose from 5 min to 45 min workouts... a large variety just like at a gym.  So I do love it for this.  I am very motivated to get a workout in but you don't need any expensive tools to get a workout in.  You just need to show up with YOUR OWN BODY.  

You can use the following suggestions for your "in home" workout:

1. Google "Strength Workouts for Home"  you'll find many articles that will give you some ideas.  One I found I particularly like is The 9 minute Strength workout for home

    - works on Legs, Butt, Core, Hips, Arms, Back.

2. Get onto Youtube for videos to follow. Videos are great as they show you what to do, explain how and give you the timelines to perform a move.  You can pause anytime.  You can wait for the next move if you feel you've had enough.  They are motivating to push you a bit further, but if you are feeling pain at all - STOP and give yourself more time.  I search for "Total Body Strength workout without equipment"  One I found that I enjoyed following is the "20 min FULL BODY Workout for TOTAL BEGINNERS (No Equipment)"

JUST make sure you DO something.  15 minutes at least! Just commit and do something - walking up and down your stairs is a GREAT workout.  Situps, pushups, Squats and deadlifts.  20 each, 3 times and you're done a fabulous sculpting and strength building Workout.

Now get out there. and GET ER DONE :)


Click on the Arrows below for Previous Blogs or this link to start at the beginning: Day 1 - Introduction



No comments:

Post a Comment